Wario's Official Artwork
|Smash Bros. Debut||Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
|Brawl Tier||Not Tiered|
|Smash Bros. Information|
|3DS / Wii U||Starter|
|Side Move||Wario Bike|
|Down Move||Wario Waft|
Wario is one of the antagonists of Mario, and is the opposite of him in every way. Wario acts greedy, rude, and evil as shown in various games that he appears in. Apparently, Wario is also the founder of a video game development company called Warioware, Inc. Wario has shown too, that he is less evil and more greedy in the Warioware series.
 Role in SSE
Wario appears to be one of the main villains in the game. He will first turn either Zelda or Peach into a trophy (depending on who you save) after fighting the Subspace Army for the first time. He later fights and beats Ness, claiming his trophy as well. Later, King Dedede and his Waddle Dee Army ambush Wario's trophy carrier and steal it. He is finally defeated by Lucas and Squirtle after facing off outside the Ancient Ruins. When the Galeom sets off his secret Subspace Bomb, Wario's trophy is sucked into Subspace.
- Strong attacks
- Wario Waft can K.O. if fully charged
- Wario Waft is just as good a KO move at half charge if not better
- Good ground game
- Wario Waft can be used as vertical recovery if it is charged up enough
- Smashes are powerful
- Can use bike as a small horizontal recovery
- Can eat up bike after it falls
- Can get back on bike after it falls
- Can eat some projectiles and items
- Chain grabs on heavy-weight characters
- Can taunt while riding motor bike
- Fast attacks
- Great Aerial game
- Almost instant mid-air acceleration, reaches top speed within frames
- Chomp cancels many attacks with ease
- Heavy weight and a very small size for his weight class
- Wario Waft takes just under two minutes to fully charge
- Not much Horizontal or Vertical recovery with Recovery Move
- Using the bike when Wario-Man may cause you a death, due to how fast he rides it. At this point, you should be very careful when using it.
- If bike falls off stage or you eat it up you have to wait some time for it to come back
- Only has one spike (a semi-spike at that) and it's very, very situational, setting this up also sets up Wario for a recovery gimp as the spike is his bike when thrown
Mind games are VERY important with Wario. One useful tactic is to be high in the air, use your bike, and jump off it. Plenty of players think that if the bike hits them from the air, they will take damage. FALSE. Use this to your advantage.
Next up is Wario's chain grabs. Wario can grab heavy weight characters with ease, such as Donkey Kong. A few heavy-weights can easily break this chain, such as Ike and Yoshi. Wolf can also break out of it if he uses his Reflector. To chain grab, you use your down throw. It makes your opponent fly the opposite way you are facing. Instead of running after them, just click the grab button again, as Wario has a very large grab radius.
Short Hop down-air is a great attack, as it auto cancels when you touch the ground. Abuse this as much as possible. Chomp (B) is another great attack than can be used as a surprise attack on your opponents, since it has grab hitboxes it is can cancel out all body based attacks making it particularly useful to break Sonic's approach. Additionally, Chomp can be used to eat Items off the battlefield. This can be used in many methods, from eating an Item thrown @ Wario to eating multiple food items at once for a faster recovery effect, or to eat bombs. By eating a bomb, it explodes inside Wario, causing him to expand and unleash a small shockwave around himself. This shockwave has some knockback to it; foes with higher amounts of damage could be KO'd if hit.
Wario's bike is his main recovery move- let's face it: Corkscrew isn't that great of a Recovery move. You can use Wario's bike as an offensive projectile, but try to use its broken parts. When possible, use the bike as a "wall"- make your opponent hit the bike instead of you. Also, the bike can be used as an edgeguard if you hit the opponent just as they jump onto the ledge. If you hit once, odds are it will hit a few more times (generally killing them). Watch out for characters with Up-B super armor, such as Ike.
The only other potential recovery move is the Wario Waft, especially when the move is at full power (Wario will be flashing red at this point in time). This attack does a lot of damage and has some serious knockback-it's a near-guaranteed KO if this hits when Wario is using his Final Smash-but is incredibly effective at full power for a last-ditch recovery move.
Tilts are an essential of Wario, as KO moves as well as damage rackers. Unfortunately, Wario's tilts lack range compared to most of the cast and therefore you need proper spacing to use them effectively. A jab into a f-tilt works as long as the opponent doesn't shield or evade it, and you can use this as an easy way to get your opponent to a high %. U-tilt can also be used as a great KO move at higher percentages.
- Contrary to popular belief, Wario's name is not simply Mario with the first letter inverted; It is actually a portmanteau of the word waru (meaning bad) and the name of his moral counterpart, Mario.
- According to Snake's talk with Otacon, Wario eats Garlic every day. When an opponent is inside his mouth, the smell never washes off. Ever.
- Wario is the only character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl to have a real alternate costume, which is his overalls, as seen in the Mario series.
- Wario is the only character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl to have more than three taunts.
 Game Appearances
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins – [GB]
- Mario and Wario – [SNES] - Only released in Japan
- Wario's Woods – [NES/SNES]
- Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! – [GB]
- Dr. Mario 64 – [N64]
- Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 – [GB]
- Virtual Boy Wario Land – [Virtual Boy]
- Wario Land II – [Game Boy,GBC]
- Wario Land 3 – [GBC]
- Wario Land 4 – [GBA]
- Wario World – [GCN]
- Super Mario 64 DS – [DS]
- Wario Mysterious Thief – [DS]
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ - [GBA]
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$ - [GCN]
- WarioWare: Touched! – [DS]
- WarioWare: Twisted! – [GBA]
- WarioWare: Smooth Moves – [Wii]
- Mario Kart 64 – [N64]
- Mario Kart Super Circuit – [GBA]
- Mario Kart: Double Dash!! – [GCN]
- Mario Kart DS – [DS]
- Mario Kart Arcade GP – [Arcade]
- Mario Party – [N64]
- Mario Party 2 – [N64]
- Mario Party 3 – [N64]
- Mario Party 4 – [GCN]
- Mario Party-e – [e-Reader]
- Mario Party 5 – [GCN]
- Mario Party 6 – [GCN]
- Mario Party 7 – [GCN]
- Mario Party 8 - [Wii]
- Mario Golf – [N64]
- Mario Golf GB – [GBC]
- Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour – [GCN]
- Mario Golf: Advance Tour – [GBA]
- Mario Tennis – [N64]
- Mario Tennis – [GBC]
- Mario Power Tennis – [GCN]
- Mario Tennis: Power Tour – [GBA]
- Legend of Stafy 3 – [GBA]- Has a supporting role in the game
- Mario Superstar Baseball – [GCN]
- Super Mario Strikers – [GCN]
- Mario Strikers: Charged Football - [Wii]
- Wario Land: Shake It! (Wii)
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Related ThreadsPaper Mario 2: Wario's Novels - last post by @ Dec 19, 2004
How do i unlock wario? - last post by @ Sep 1, 2005
Wario's Voice. - last post by @ Aug 6, 2005
The Official Wario Appreciation Thread! - last post by @ Jul 6, 2013
Could you play as Wario? - last post by @ Jun 17, 2009