Zelda's Official Artwork
|Series||Legend of Zelda|
|Smash Bros. Debut||Super Smash Bros. Melee|
|Smash Bros. Information|
|3DS / Wii U||Starter|
|Standard Move||Nayru's Love|
|Side Move||Din's Fire|
|Up Move||Farore's Wind|
|Down Move|| SSBM/B: Transform|
SSB 3DS/Wii U: Phantom Slash
|Final Smash||Light Arrow|
 Super Smash Bros. Melee
The Princess of the kingdom of Hyrule, Zelda is prone to getting captured by the evil warlock Ganondorf, and subsequently rescued by the mighty hero Link. In Melee, her moves require critical timing and positioning, only doing the most damage when “sweet-spotted”, meaning when she hits with just the right part of her attack. Because of this (and some very situational special moves), Zelda is one of the less effective characters in the game when it comes to straight one-on-one fighting. She does have some interesting options and a large recovery, but is largely overshadowed by her transformation, Sheik.
 Role in SSE
The first level's boss Petey Piranha captures both Peach and Zelda, and Kirby must break the cage of either Peach or Zelda. If you break Zelda's cage, then she travels with Kirby until turned back into a Trophy and eventually taken by Bowser to the Halberd after some meddling by King Dedede.
Zelda makes her third appearance of the series in Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U. The biggest change to Zelda in this game is that she cannot transform into Sheik. En lieu of that she now deploys a Phantom to attack her opponents. However, the Phantom can be reflected and turned against her if she isn't careful!
Also, Din's Fire was given a buff, making this move stronger than before.
- Sweet-Spotted Aerials Best in the game
- Din's Fire allows great in-air juggling
- Can traplock all characters until at least 70% with D-tilt
- She is safe when teleporting
- Disjointed hit-boxes
- Amazing smashes with incredible KO abilities.
- Nayru's Love works as a decent punisher and reflector
- Up B can fail by transporting you in the wrong place i.e. the lip of Final Destination
- Transformation time takes much longer
- Transformation can be interrupted
- Light Weight makes her easier to kill.
- Experienced players can DI out of her Up and Side Smashes.
- If you miss Din's Fire up-close, it can be easily punished.
Zelda is much better then her Melee version. All of her aerials have amazing killing potential and her smashes have giant hit boxes. She's light and rather big so shes a nice target unfortunately. If your considering playing Zelda, the you should try a long range attack at first, followed up by your smashes, then finish with a sweet spotted aerial. Her recovery is tough to pull off. Try to use it before you go below the stage, or better yet, try not to use it at all.
Zelda's specials are very effective. Nayru's love is great from when recovering from air, seeing as it hits above, below, and from the side. Din's fire is a great asset for any character, in high percentages, it can be used to keep the opponent in the air, and possibly KO them from a Smash attack. Her teleportation (up B) can be used incredibly if you know how. It can be used in close-combat just to trick the opponents, and get some space between you and your opponent. It can also be used when recovering from the air, or back onto the stage. It's awfully hard to use when below the stage, especially final destination, and often results in suicides.
Zelda's Smashes and Aerials are very powerful, and her Dair can be used to spike off stage if the sweetspot is hit. Use this to your advantage, but be careful when recovering, as she has a hard time with doing so.
Zelda is good for long range and short range attacks. She has very strong moves for being a light character.
Zelda's AFA/ABA is a very powerful attack. Combo that into a Final Smash and it is an instant killer at 60/70%.
 Game Appearances
- The Legend of Zelda(NES)
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link(NES)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past(SNES)
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time(N64)
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask(N64)
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages(GBC)
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords(GBA)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker(GC)
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures(GC)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap(GBA)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess(Wii)
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass(DS)
- Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
Related ThreadsGeneral Zelda Character Discussion - last post by @ Dec 28, 2013
Who should be the 4th Zelda rep? - last post by @ Feb 15, 2013
Toon Zelda - last post by @ Jan 15, 2014
I was very disappointed by zelda's FS - last post by Gotenks @ Jan 21, 2008
What will Zelda look like? - last post by @ Mar 13, 2007