Yoshi's Official Artwork
|Smash Bros. Debut||Super Smash Bros.|
|Smash Bros. Information|
|3DS / Wii U||Starter|
|Standard Move||Egg Lay|
|Side Move||Egg Roll|
|Up Move||Egg Throw|
|Down Move||Yoshi Bomb|
|Final Smash||Super Dragon|
Yoshi is a cute and popular dinosaur species that resides on Yoshi's Island. He stands as tall as Mario, and has the voice of a toddler. Yoshi is curious,and is very naive. all his sounds show that Yoshi is but a child, rumored to be the very one hatched at the end of YOSHI's ISLAND 2, who had the last star inside him. Yoshi in general all are friendly, and will always help a plumber in need. They are known to come in All the colors of the rainbow, including rare black and white variants.
 Super Smash Bros.
“Yoshi is the friendly dinosaur of Yoshi’s Island. He began as Mario’s partner, but has since built his own identity, and now appears in many games. He uses his unique ability to turn whatever he swallows into an egg as his foremost attack. Yoshis come in a rainbow of colors and are said to have a high IQ from a very early age. Yoshi is one of the weaker characters in the game, and one of the hardest to master. He excels at aerial attacks, and has many egg themed attacks.”
 Super Smash Bros. Melee
Yoshi was saving Mario’s life before the little plumber could even walk, and still remains to this day one of Mario’s greatest allies. These green dinosaurs are a very unique race, being able to swallow enemies whole and capture them within egg shells. In Melee, Yoshi can utilize this power to force enemies off the edge of the stage, intercept their recovery or mow them down at high speeds. Even his shield takes the form of an egg. He’s also a fairly adept kicker, with many of his physical moves taking advantage of his powerful, fluttering legs.
 Role in SSE
Yoshi plays a forest creature that relaxes and lives in peace. He was rather disturbed when woken up by Link and the Halberd's appearance. Throughout the rest of subspace, Yoshi remains mostly silent. When Link challenged Mario after seeing him "killing" Zelda, Yoshi ran to aid his new friend, but with questioning in his eyes, after seeing his opponent was Mario.
Later in the game,when King Dedede's charm falls off of a trophied Peach, Kirby runs to investigate,while yoshi holds his hand out, as if to say,"Don't go". During subspace,Yoshi cares about his teammates, even aiding Mario in escaping from a subspace bomb by letting him ride his back. He also served as the "5th ranger" in the popular "Let's Go Power Rangers" scene where Mario,Kirby,Link,Pit, and Yoshi jumped from a cliff to aid Pokemon Trainer, Marth, Ice climbers, and the others.
 Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U
Yoshi returns for his fourth appearance in Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U as a playable character. This time around, his stance is more upright than before.
Yoshi is a rather good player in Team Battle. He is also good at 1-on-1 matches, where he can use his clumsiness to perform mindgames, and in 4-player Brawls where he can hit every opponent with his eggroll, and egg toss special moves.
- Good smashes
- Good aerials
- Great Final Smash
- A good meteor
- Has super armor during second jump
- Has a HIGH jump
- Good speed
- Great recovery
- Pretty tough to KO
- If used correctly,can steadily build combos
- fairly easy for newcomers to Brawl to Pick up
- Tilts can set up STA (Surface to air) strings
- Can be stopped easily by grabs and standard attacks while using eggroll
- If not used carefully, Yoshi can experience a lot of self destructs
- His Yoshi bomb and eggroll have been tweaked down in Brawl
- His Swallow is, and may always will be, close to useless
- Low K.O power
- The air is Yoshi's friend. Once you have an opponent in the air, follow with a Meteor Smash, or a UAir to perform the Tail Spike, which, if used properly, can KO the opponent if their damage is in the 80-100-up% range. Also, set up a STA by Bairing into a Uair, then follow by a meteor smash(A risky move), or by using dair to inflict damage as they come down. If your opponent air dodges,position yourself above your opponent, and perform a yoshi bomb to get them on your way down.
- Yoshi Bomb is a very good recovery move. If you time it just right when sent flying, if you recover before going off screen, use it to land on the very edge of the stage, that way you stay safe landing, because an opponent must be hit if they touch you, and you can quickly switch into an egg roll to get to safety. Also, Egg roll is not just an offensive maneuver, you can also use it to get away from opponents quickly. Egg roll was toned down a bit from melee, so it is a good move that can confuse opponents.
- Yoshi can grab most rolling characters out of their rolling attacks. characters he can grab successfully are;Sonic,Jigglypuff,Yoshi
Related ThreadsQuick way to get Past Stage Yoshi's Island from N64 - last post by @ Jan 29, 2002
Yoshi - last post by @ Sep 9, 2008
Yoshi's Island - last post by @ Aug 13, 2008
Wario and Yoshi - last post by @ Jun 12, 2013
To all Yoshi players - last post by Gotenks @ Aug 16, 2008