Sonic's official art.
|Series||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Costumes||Default Blue, Black tint, green tint, red tint, golden bands & Shoes|
|Special Moves||Homing Attack, Spring Jump, Spin Dash, Spin Charge|
|Final Smash||Super Sonic|
Sonic the Hedgehog is the main character of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. He is also the second of the two third-party characters to be introduced in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
 Role in SSE
Sonic doesn't show up until the end of the game when he rushes in to save the heroes before Tabuu can turn them into trophies again. Sonic shattered Tabuu's wings, making him unable to turn anyone else into a trophy. After that you can choose him in the battle and throughout the rest of the game. This fashionably late entrance is likely due to being added to the game's roster relatively late in development, when most of Adventure Mode's scenario had already been finalized.
Sonic is one of those characters that isn't the greatest fighter ever, but if you get him with someone who can get an easy K.O., that's a different story.
- Not only the fastest hedgehog around, but the fastest character in Brawl
- Has a great vertical recovery
- Side special and Down special work for good mind games
- Can use the ability to "Air Stall"
- Can edge guard with Homing attack
- Has good air attacks
- Little Lag overall
- Can Wall Jump
- Great Combos and "Strings"
- Spring Spike
- Can attack off of spring
- One of the most powerful Final Smashes
- Can do moves or air dodge after the use of up B
- Very low killing moves
- Moves do not do much damage
- Spring is only projectile and does no damage
- Little knock back in moves
- Moves are repetitive
- Moves are easy to read
- His Final Smash can be hard to control
- Can be hard to control
- Horrible range
Sonic is good at damaging. Although he isn't great at getting K.O.s on his own, put him with Ike or Ganandorf and you'll be one of the best team combinations ever. Have Sonic dash in, do some hurting and dash back out and let you're big, strong partner bat cleanup (by that, I mean the last hit), but be careful. With Sonic's lightning speed, come great weakness to heavy attacks if hit.
- Some of Sonic's spoken words are recycled from previous games.
- Sonic's Final Smash gives the mistaken assumption that there are more then 7 Chaos Emeralds.