Sheik's Official Artwork
|Series||Legend of Zelda|
|Smash Bros. Debut||Super Smash Bros. Melee|
|Smash Bros. Information|
|Melee||Alternate form of Zelda|
|Brawl||Alternate form of Zelda|
|3DS / Wii U||Starter|
|Standard Move||Needle Storm|
|Side Move|| SSBM/B: Chain|
SSB 3DS/Wii U: Burst Grenade
|Down Move|| SSBM/B: Transform|
SSB 3DS/Wii U: Bouncing Fish
|Final Smash||Light Arrow|
Sheik is Zelda's alter ego from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. She often appears to give Link useful information, as well as teleportation songs for his ocarina. Sheik does not appear in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but her appearance in Brawl is based upon early concept art drawn up for her if she had been.
 Super Smash Bros. Melee
Sheik is Zelda’s disguise, used to hide from Ganondorf for seven years as he terrorized Hyrule. In Ocarina of Time, Sheik was quick and sneaky, and those traits have been carried over into Melee. Sheik doesn't know the meaning of the word “lag”, the majority of her moves executing quickly and leaving very little time vulnerable afterwards. Her aerial slaps send even low-% foes flying, her needles allow her to control the pace of the game, and her ability to transform back into Zelda if she ever needs to makes her one of the best (and oddly, most user-friendly) characters in the game.
 Role in SSE
Sheik has a few roles in the SSE. She escapes with Princess Peach when they're in the Halberd and attacks Fox's Arwing because she believes him to be a threat.
 Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U
Sheik becomes a separate character altogether in Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U, who can no longer transform into Zelda during a battle, and vice-versa.
- Fast running speed
- Can wall jump
- Can crawl
- Can wall cling
- Has very fast attacks
- Has the ability to tether with chain
- Needles are a good projectile
- Has tilts that can trap you for several attacks
- Her chain serves as good edgeguarding
- Has a tether recovery
- Swings items twice
- Weak attacks and knock back
- Attacks were stronger in Melee
- Slowed down a lot from melee
- Poor KO Ability
- Aerials are very important here. Sheik has a great aerial game, and her quick moves aren't often beat. Use aerials whenever possible, and, when your opponent is recovering, send them flying by catching them in your Up Special, Vanish.
- Sheik's forward tilt can be used constantly to trap your opponent, and cause massive damage. Set your opponent up with the forward tilts, then let them have it with a Side Smash.
- Use Sheik's needles for defense, to prevent opponents rushing you. Even one of her needles will stop them. The needles can also be used for recovery, too, because when used in the air they will be thrown diagonally down.
 Damage %
- Standard A attack: a multi-hit attack, hold the A button to keep attacking as long as an opponent is in range. 3% per hit
- A while running: 5%
- A while in the air: 13% to opponents both front and rear
- Down Spike: 10%
- Side Tilt: Sheik swings her leg up for a full front body kick. Does 5% damage each time. Good way to rack up damage.
- Up Tilt: Sheik kicks her leg directly up, and then brings it down in front of her. Does 6% damage for the first kick, and 7% for the second kick.
- Down Tilt: Sheik goes into a crawling formation and kicks in front of her. Does 8% damage.
- Neutral A: Sheik kicks in a karate-like stance, which does damage to the front, back, and below. Does 8% in the front, 7% in the back, and 13% to below.
- Down A: Sheik comes down some-what diagonally from the air, and crashes down on her opponent. Does 10% damage.
- Front A: Sheik punches her opponent. Does 9% damage.
- Back A: Sheik brings her leg back and kicks her opponent. Does 11-12% damage.
- Standard Special Move: Needle Storm
This is a charge attack, damage varies from 3 to 12% depending on how long it charges.
- Side Special Move: Chain 5%
- Up Special Move: Vanish, a recovery move, this is the same as Zelda's Up Special Move
- Down Attack: Transform
This move changes Sheik into Zelda. Zelda has her own set of special moves, listed above. Zelda/Sheik are invulnerable to damage during the transformation
Grab your opponent using the Z button, then press a direction on the left analog stick to perform the following moves:
- Front: 7%
- Back: 7%
- Up: 5%
- Down: 6%
Smash moves are performed with the right analog stick, or by pressing A and using the left stick.
- Up Smash: 12% to opponents both front and rear. This move can be tipped, meaning if you hit the opponent on the sweet-spot, the knockback will be almost twice as hard.
- Down Smash: 13% to opponents both front and rear. This move is pulled out quick, and is one of the better Down Smashes for characters. This move has the less knockback then the other smashes, but is faster and with less lag at the end.
- Left/Right: double attack, first hit 7%, second hit 8%. This smash can be painful if done incorrectly. It may miss your opponent on the second kick, leaving them a good amount of time to punish you. Use this move for edgeguards, and if your really desperate, to knock back your opponent and rearrange yourself.
- Final Smash: Light Arrow
- A Tilt (continuously) > Side Smash
- A Tilt (continuously) > Up Smash
- Up Smash > Up Aerial > Up B (Vanish)
- Side Smash (knock off stage) > Up B (Vanish)
 Game Appearances
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
Related Threadssheik - last post by @ Jul 16, 2006
Who Likes Sheik? - last post by @ Sep 16, 2004
Sheik - last post by @ Sep 25, 2008
Sheik short-hopping useful? - last post by @ Feb 23, 2006
The Hylian Ninja - An In-Depth Sheik Guide - last post by @ Jun 1, 2009