Lucario's Official Artwork
|Original Debut|| Pokémon Black (2010)|
Pokémon White (2010)
|Smash Bros. Debut||Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
|Smash Bros. Information|
|3DS / Wii U||Starter|
|Standard Move||Aura Sphere|
|Side Move||Force Palm|
|Down Move||Double Team|
|Final Smash|| SSBB: Aura Storm|
SSB 3DS/Wii U Mega Lucario
- See also: Lucario
Lucario is a character from the Pokémon series. Known as the "Aura" Pokémon, Lucario was first introduced in the movie Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. It has been hypothesized, via voice acting and other means, that this Lucario is the same one from the movie, though whether this is a form of canon or just a clever in-joke remains unknown.
 Role in SSE
Lucario is first seen atop Glacial Peaks, where it is meditating. It awakens when Meta Knight and Ice Climbers reach the top and jumps down to battle Meta Knight. After the battle, the two infiltrate the Halberd. Lucario finds Snake hiding by locating his Aura and tells Meta Knight that he is a friend before locating Primids approaching. The group eventually saves Peach and Zelda before encountering many Mr. Game and Watch's in the ships control deck. After Snake throws them all out the window, they form into a giant robot called Duon. Lucario, as well as Meta Knight, Snake, Peach, Zelda, Fox and Falco (the last of the two arriving in their airwings) all battle the robot and free Mr. Game and Watch. Later on, Lucario and the rest of the characters enter Subspace, where they are all turned into trophies. Lucario can be used in the final battle against Tabuu if it is found and revived in the Great Maze.
 How to unlock
Complete one of the following:
- Play 100 matches in Brawl, then defeat Lucario.
- Complete the Target Test on all difficulty levels (this can be done on 1 or 2 player mode), then defeat Lucario.
- Get Lucario to join your party in The Subspace Emissary
- Attacks (i.e. Force Palm) can be used at a distance or up close.
- Powerful combos
- Can counter attacks with Down Special (Double Team).
- Can control recovery move to some extent
- Aura Sphere can be charged
- Can crawl
- Can wall jump
- Can wall cling
- Disjointed hitboxes
- Knockback and power increase in proportion to the amount of damage it takes
- Knockback and power increase if he is down a stock or more
- Smashes have a longer range with the use of aura
- Aura increases in range and power the higher the damage percentile
- Recovery move doesn't do any damage
- Slow compared to others his size
- Smashes have plenty of startup lag
- Increased power can make it harder to string your moves
- attacks are weak at damage below 50-60
- Poor grab range
Lucario uses his 'Aura' abilities to give him an edge in battle. He fights using a 'High risk, high reward' style meaning the more damage he takes, the stronger his attacks become. He can also send enemies flying into the air and kill them there as well.
 Mega Lucario
- Did you know that the original voice of Lucario was also the voice of Goku?
 Game Appearances
- Pokémon Diamond(DS)
- Pokémon Pearl (DS)
- Pokémon Platinum (DS)
- Pokémon Battle Revolution (Wii)
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time (DS)
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness (DS)
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (DS)
- Pokémon HeartGold (DS)
- Pokémon SoulSilver (DS)
- Pokémon Black (DS)
- Pokémon White (DS)
- Pokémon Black 2 (DS)
- Pokémon White 2 (DS)
- Pokémon X (3DS)
- Pokémon Y (3DS)
Related ThreadsLevel up to 100 with rare candy, An In-Depth Lucario Guide - last post by Gotenks @ Dec 10, 2008
Lucario questions - last post by Gotenks @ Nov 19, 2010
Lucario (Single Character discussion) - last post by @ Apr 12, 2008
Lucario - last post by Gotenks @ Jul 10, 2007
Character Discussion Thread, Lucario - last post by @ Aug 20, 2015