Kongo Jungle in Super Smash Bros..
|Appearance||Super Smash Brothers, Super Smash Brothers Melee|
Congo Jungle is a stage found in Super Smash Brothers and Super Smash Brothers Melee. Congo Jungle is Donkey Kong's home stage in Super Smash Brothers. It is later renamed to Kongo Jungle in Super Smash Brothers Melee and is one of the three Past Stages that can be unlocked. To unlock it in Melee, the player will need to complete 15-Minute Melee. It is already unlocked in Super Smash Brothers.
 Super Smash Brothers
Congo Jungle is a starter stage in Super Smash Brothers. It is made up of a big platform, with four small platforms above it. There are also two small stationary platforms that circulate clockwise. Underneath the stage, there is a Barrel Cannon. This cannon can help aid a characters' recovery and get back on the stage. The character will be shot in the direction of what the arrow points at on the barrel.
It is a legal stage for tournaments.
 Super Smash Brothers Melee
In Super Smash Brothers Melee, the stage is reused as an unlockable stage under the Kongo Jungle name. It is considered a counter-pick stage in tournaments and it is the exact copy as the SSB version, except being slightly bigger.
 Character Advantages/Dis-Advantages
- Captain Falcon can spike and kill easier on the sides of the stage.
- Donkey Kong can Up B spike/spike better and the barrel helps with his poor vertical recovery.
- Fox has more troubles at camping.
- Jigglypuffs recovery is easier and she can kill easier.
- Kirby is able to use the barrel to assist his recovery.
- Link gets a better recovery with the barrel.
- Luigi is at a disadvantage because of the high ceiling.
- Mario can use the barrel to help his predictable recovery.
- Ness is able to go below the stage, into the barrel cannon.
- Pikachu doesn't have much of an advantage or disadvantage.
- Samus can use the cannon to help her recovery better.
- Yoshi loses his double jump when he jumps into the cannon.
Congo Jungle is designed off of a level from Donkey Kong Country. In Donkey Kong Country, there is a level called Blackout Basement and it has two platforms that oscillate up and down. Later in the game, there is a level called Platform Perils that has two platforms that go in a circle.
The song that plays on this stage is from Donkey Kong Country's Jungle levels.
Related Threadsi want lyrics for kongo jungle - last post by @ Apr 14, 2005
kongo jungle - last post by @ May 21, 2008